4. ALLEVIATE STRESS
Bing in the nursing profession is one of the most stressful jobs that anyone can do. Long shifts that can include extended hours of standing on your feet. Working with patients who are sick and maybe even dying adds a tremendous amount of stress to the job. So anything and everything you can do to ensure you are comfortable throughout your entire shift is important, i.e having a pair of the best nurses shoes that you can afford. Footwear aside, proper hydration and nutrition is also extremely important. Ensuring that you have a proper avenue of stress relief can help to make sure that you do not suffer from a burn out.
FINDING THE RIGHT SHOE FOR YOU
If you have made it this far into the article then you may now be wondering what next? Well now it’s time to sit down and make a list of what is important to you as a medical professional.
- Do you want a more traditional shoe or would you prefer something more modern?
- Do you want a running shoe to get you through the day or do you require a clog type shoe?
- Perhaps you want a slip-on for easy accessibility?
- Once you are able to narrow down to the type of shoe you want, the next step comes.
- Is support or balance more important than comfort or padding?
- Maybe your work environment requires a safe grip, or maybe you work long hours and need to have good shoes for standing which provide utmost ventilation.